Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Ice Fishing Tournament Results
I have no doubt hole location was a part of it, but you picked your own hole. If the one you wanted was occupied, get there earlier. This was a big league tourney with a lot on the line, sleep is optional. There was a lot of other factors though. One for instance was after the first 20 minutes, I didn't see one person outside of our group skim their hole. At -10, or whatever it was, my hole was freezing up in ten minutes at most. The bite was so light if your line was frozen in at all, you missed it entirely. My bite was no more movement than a machine driving by you, slightly heaving the ice cap. He also ambushed from outside the FF cone, I had less than 1/2 second to get ready. Obviously I cannot make a fish swim under me, that may be luck to a point- but you certainly control every other factor within the rules. I'm not saying everything we did resulted in all of us catching fish, just that it wasn't a name out of a hat luck game either.
[signature]
Ron, the derby at Jordanelle this coming weekend sounds like it's exactly what your looking for. Check it out. I think it's only $15 and you have the entire reservoir at your disposal. It should be a good one, and in my opinion the state parks do a good job putting these on. I think they are calling it "when Hailstone freezes over".
[signature]
Thanks, MACMAN!

I'll be in Manila (Flaming Gorge) that weekend. I appreciate help in selecting a tournament particularly since it will be my first and I haven't followed them at all except reading magazine articles mostly of places out of state where I've never been. What I really need the most is a team which I mention in case someone else here also wants a team.
[signature]