Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weather
Well, ssor didn't get to take me ice fishing in January and now the only thick ice is in my back yard. Yesterday was Ground Hog Day and I don't know if he saw his shadow or not. If he did we will have 6 ore weeks of winter and if he didn't it will be 6 weeks until spring. The best thing I heard yesterday was a TV Newscaster asking the Weatherman the following. "You have half a million dollars worth of equipment to predict the weather, why do you have to depend on one little furry animal to do it for you?" Anyone have an answer?
[signature]
I will tell you what!!!

if that little furry critter dont see his shadow next year he is going to end up on my dinner plate.

I was hopin for 6 more weeks of ice fishing concidering that we only got ice here on my lake the end of the third week of january.

I am off the ice now, there are still some guys jumping across the water to get on the ice but not me. I cant handle the jumps any more.

I dont think you had any ice to speak of this winter did you?
[signature]
We sure did not have enough ice to enjoy except that in our driveway. since it was shallow it refroze just about every night for a couple of weeks. I alked to the game warden this
A.M. and he said the quick change in weather seems to be doing a good job of protecting fish as very few are being caught in this area right now. When the weather is good we have a lot of work to catch up so my fishing time is limited until probably the middle of April. However I will go whenever I get a chance. I just got invited to go to a private pond that is well stocked with just about every type of game fish native to this area. I visit a lady thatlives alone and does not drive and her son told us to catch all we want to eat and release the extras. Sounds like I can use the excuse of taking her to her sons as an excuse to get out oftener. How is it going in your area? You have also had some very changable weather if our radar is correct.
[signature]
we had about 6 weeks of ice fishing, it all came to an end this week, my last day was tuesday.

I am watching the rivers for the arivals of the red horse daily now.

I know you have some monsters down your way...

time to prune the cherie and apple trees for the smokers[Tongue]

maple sap is in full run here. wont be long now till we will have fresh surip for the brine.
[signature]