Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New addict and need some pointers
Greetings all!

I recently went out lake fishing with my father in law for rainbow trout. Went trolling all the day, great day for fishing, not a great day for fish lol. We managed to land 3 good sized trout. And I'm addicted lol. Here's my "problem" I won't be able to always go fishing with my father in law due to conflicting work schedules so until I can afford a boat I will be doing a lot of shore fishing. I currently have a shakespeare ugly stik gx2 7' medium pole with a Pflueger President 6940 Spinning Reel. Eventually I will move up to a baitcaster when I get more comfortable with the basics. I'm looking for help with a rig setup for catching bass from shore with what I have if possible. I plan on buying spare spools for my reel and having line on them depending on the fish I'm aiming for. I live in the San Joaquin Valley of California, with in an easy drive of many waterways and lakes. Also any pointers on general freshwater fishing much appreciated as well. Thanks for your time.

NF

Also cross posting in regional forum
[signature]
Hi and welcome to the boards.

I sent you a response to your question here on the California board. Please feel free to continue asking questions. We all learn from each other. [fishon]
[signature]