Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yup, Mantua still decent...Feb. 17
The 3 Amigos slept in, and didn't start fishing here 'til about 0930 today....that was ok, as no one was near 'our spot' when we got to the ice (edges and ice good) in fact, only 2 or 3 others seen on the whole pond as we set up....a few more did venture out a little later.....drilled holes in 10 and 11 fow, some fish seen almost right away, both high and low....so all A.M. and up 'til we left at 2:00, we all did good on the rainbows, and 2 of us did good on 81/2 to 9" bluegills.....off and on all activity stopped, like usual, but overall the bite was pretty darn good, and we all had a good time on good, safe ice....ran into Fatbiker as he was leaving, and was glad to hear he did well also....my best set for the 'gills was small green/white Demon with butterworm....(that accidentally also caught 3 rainbow off the bottom)....and the next best was my new 1/16 oz VMC tungsten Chandelier, with butterworm or waxies....a Jawjacker Slush Bug/butterworm caught a nice 13" bass, and 1 small perch, so I guess I had a Mantua 4 species slam ..... or is there anything else here besides perch, trout, bass, and bluegill? Good time on the hardwater, and it looks like the ice should be good for a while yet....Guluk....
[signature]
Jmorfish, good meeting you yesterday. Sounds like you kept on them after I stopped and said hi. It's still fishing good enough to deserve a trip or two next week. Congrats on the Mantua Slam. There's still a few sunfish in the lake, although I don't think I ever caught all 5 species on the same trip.

Larry
[signature]
Yup, the true Mantua slam includes green sunfish. I was fortunute to get all five once this season.
[signature]
Guess I shouldn't put the short poles up yet, and give Mantua another look
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast