Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Also DC on 2-18
Launched at day break at the main marina. No dock at launch but they put a dock in before we left at 3ish. Ramp snow less. there was a sheet of ice that appeared to have drifted out of the wakeless area. did not see until we were in the parking lot when we were leaving

Searched and searched for perch. Found 2 to 3 pretty good schools and not a single biter. Did manage a brown on my perch set up.

After watching MasterDaad catch fish after fish while trolling, I finally caved and trolled for some slimmer's. Catching was not a problem what so ever. We drug cranks. and caught 30+ slimmer's. fun time no doubt. A couple came out in a blow up raft with an electric motor. I saw them with pop gear. They fished about 45 minutes and went to shore with a limit of 8 nice ones (12-14 inchers).

I just had an enclosure put on my boat and gave it a trial run. It worked great and made the trolling about 15 to 20 degrees warmer I would say.

I am ready for Willard to open up and ready to play of there for the rest of the spring.

FYI - The water temp was 35.5 degrees. Just wear a life jacket.

Cheers
[signature]
Thanks for the report!
Was the de-con station set up and operable?
[signature]