Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inquiries on Fingerlings

I am new in the fishery industry, (not sport fishing rather commercial fish farming) - in domestic ponds - to be precise. My challenges are how and where to source exclusive species of fingerlings that I could not find in my country? Please advise me and thank you in good anticipations. CIAwurum from Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria (West Africa)
[signature]
What species of fingerlings are you looking for? There are hatcheries all around the world that raise different species.

It is important to secure species that are native to your area as not to introduce predatory species that could wipe out the rest of the ecology. [fishon]
[signature]
I intend to farm Cobia, Grouper, Bass and Rockfishes. We have plans to grow more of invasive species to feed the predatory fishes we breed. Our target goal is to grow fishes of 10kg and above. This is our market demand. Thankyou
[signature]
You may be able to find Cobia in Texas (United States) or in Australia. You may inquire Florida or Texas (USA) or Australia depending on the type of Grouper.

Rockfish can be found for lower price in Mexico or West Coast of US. (California)

If you cannot get fingerlings shipped to you then you may be able to order fertilized frozen eggs which can also produce fingerlings with a bit more time involved.[fishon]
[signature]
We intend to source cobia, grouper, bass and some Carp species. We only have hatcheries for catfish and tilapia in my country but we need to expand our species because of increased demand. We will not introduce those species into natural waters rather to our domestic ponds only. We also have nursery pond for rearing invasive species to feed the predatory species. We really need addresses of hatcheries that produce assorted fingerlings. Most importantly, we need fresh water species only as we live in the tropics and has no salted water and we do not have cold weather too, so we need also only warm water species in addition
[signature]

[signature]