Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Rainbow Trout Ice Fishn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiFQQMX4OEE

Ice fishing for some of the biggest trout I have ever caught. These submarine rainbows below ice are absolute pigs and have a healthy diet of scuds or shrimp. This lake underwent some retrofitting with rotenone poison and once cleared of invasive species it was restocked with trout. These trout have grown so fast and really do make an exciting day of fishing. Here are some of my tips to chosing a lake in your area that may have some giant trout just like these.
[signature]
Nice fish!
I watched the (former) CDOW chainsaw a hole trough the ice and release a bunch of snake river cutthroat brooders into a lake(18-20 inch). Me and the few other fisherman were amazed and instantly tried to catch them..Soon after an old timer pulls one out of his hole and I've never seen anyone happier on the ice. Way later in the summer I finally hooked one that got off at shore, I jumped into the water like a bear and pitched it onto land..Those were old hatchery brooders that were put there for taking.
If they bred in your lake it seems like they would try to plant healthy brooders first since they take 3-6 years to mature, wondering if some of those could be old planted brooders or just fast growers.
[signature]