Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humminbird Rebate Scam?
Anyone else having this problem?

I sent in the required papers for the $20 rebate, only to be told that the unit serial number was incorrect. They allowed me to re-submit.

After doing so (I had the serial number right all along) they again rejected my claim because the second submission lacked the original UPC code.

Now, there's no flipping way to send the original, cut from the package UPC code TWICE. So is this whole rebate thing a scam, or are they just monumentally incompetent?
[signature]
I'll be trying to get mine soon. I've waited cause my birthday is coming up shortly so I've been waiting to get some money to buy my a transducer mount. But I will let you know once I try to get my rebate.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Rocky,

That's what you get when you buy second rate electronics equipment. Next time, buy the best - Lowrance. [cool]
[/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Update: After I sent an email to Humminbird's headquarters in Alabama, the rebate office in Texas suddenly and miraculously "discovered" both of my rebate submissions - and approved it.

'Nuff said.
[signature]
Thats great, I guess the squeaky wheel theory does prove true.[Wink]
[signature]
Yup. The measly $20 gift card means nothing to me, but it might be pretty important to some other folks. So I raised a stink at corporate HQ on their behalf.

In fact, Jeff, I'll make that card my donation to the next prize dinner.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks...in advance.

I think we both benefited from your last donation.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Rocky, you da man[cool]!
[signature]
Thanks Rocky that would be great if you wanted to kick that in as a prize... Sorry it was so hard to come by... Jeff
[signature]
it's not just hummingbird ALL REBATES ARE A SCAM. these companies bank on people will not cross their t and dot their i . these are used as marketing gimmicks and you are mostly wasting you time and money trying to redeem them.
[signature]
I bought two Penn SpinFisher 10500 reels in preparation for getting into surf fishing. They had a rebate offer of a dry bag valued at $100. Of course that's just plain silly and it would just be a cheap ordinary quality dry bag perhaps worth $20, or so I thought and expected.

I was wrong!

I got two dry bags that were the camouflage I like best with back back straps and excellent features and looking to be the highest quality unmatched by others I've looked to buy and certainly having that hundred dollar value.
[signature]