Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social media
I think over the coarse of the last year we have all seen the power of social media. I have been a member of this forum for quite a while and lurked for a long time before that. Recently I have become a member of a couple of Utah fishing groups on Facebook. My question is , do we have a big fish tackle Utah group? And if not why doesn't it exist?
[signature]
Curious what it would add that is not already available on here?
[signature]
I have found there is a whole lot of great info on social media and many folks are now using social media fishing forums for great info, sales on gear, help etc. My prediction is social media fishing forums will soon be the place to visit. I've seen a great deal more info on various social media forums that are very interesting and very helpful.

For example DNR has a great social media facebook page that provides a wealth of info and what the state is doing.

But that's my opinion.
[signature]
Is this what your talking about?
https://www.facebook.com/BigFishTackleCom-260163389094/

We announced it when it was first put up, but no one seemed interested and it never took off. I guess most members preferred this main site. To get to it and you don't have a link, you can just click on the icon in the upper left hard corner of the page.
[signature]
the talk and discussions on face book both in the snowmobile world and fishing world do not hold a candle to what you can get here . as far as i'm concerned they can have it.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]At K2's recommendation, I tried 5 fishing sites for about 3 weeks. It irritated the heck out of me that I couldn't see the posts in a cronological order newest to oldest. That really sucks big time. At least on the forums, I can see what is new and what I might want to look into a little more. I can't figure out how to do that on FB.[/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Haha. It's learning and expanding as I see it on social media. We along with others have gleaned a whole lot. It is what it is with social media and it's been great for us along with new friends
[signature]