Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish ID Contest - Win a T-Shirt!
OK boys and girls, the BFT folks have sent me some T-shirts to distribute to help get this Washington board going.
So I'm going to start with a Fish ID contest. I'll post 10 pics below, and the first person to correctly identify all 10 wins a free shirt. Easy right?!
I won't put up any hard ones this time. All of them were caught in Washington and in freshwater if that helps. Smile
Here you go:
1. [inline 20160102_234417699_iOS.jpg]

2.[inline 20160331_203418860_iOS.jpg]

3. [inline 20160902_190558509_iOS.jpg]

4. [inline DSCN2087.JPG]

5. [inline "DSCN2151 (resized).jpg"]

6. [inline DSCN2356.JPG]

7. [inline DSCN2394.JPG]

8. [inline DSCN3046.JPG]

9. [inline IMG_2297.JPG]

10. [inline IMG_2310.JPG]

There you go! Let the IDing begin!
[signature]
Wow, there are all those fish in Washington state, I had no idea, cool contest. This contest is just for Washington Resident, correct? Not that I would try and enter but it might be a question that comes up.
[signature]
Hey,
Thanks for the reply. I would like to try to keep it to Washington people if possible. Though so far there hasn't been a real flurry of people jockeying for a free shirt lol
[signature]
As a novice fisherman I was excited to reply, but then I looked at the fish and only saw, maybe 2 or 3 that I could identify, so I did not reply.
[signature]
Iskiles: Maybe give it a go and see what you get. You'd at least be in first place for now Smile
If nobody else bests your score then you'd be the dude! I'll probably let it go on another couple weeks depending on participation.
Thanks for the reply!
[signature]
I had to use my Washington Sport Fishing Rules book and the WDFW website to help me, I do hope that is not cheating.

#1 = Kokanee
#2 = Brown Trout
#3 = Rainbow Trout
#4 = Whitefish
#5 = Common Carp
#6 = Lake Trout
#7 = Steelhead
#8 = Coho Salmon
#9 = Large Mouth Bass
#10 = King Salmon

That is my best shot.
[signature]
lol no I don't think that's cheating. That's why they put that on their website Smile
You got 6 correct! So you are currently in the lead! Nice job! Like I said, I'll let it go another couple weeks and see if anybody else wants to chime in.

Have you been out fishing lately?
[signature]
Yea, six is not bad. I hope my score holds out…
No I have not been out fishing in quite a while. When I do go I go alone and that is not always a lot of fun, but I have been thinking about joining the fishing buddy site advertised here.
[signature]
Iskiles,
Looks like you're the winner! Thanks for playing my little game Smile
I think I've given more than enough time for others to chime in. If you pm me your address and shirt size, I'll try to get that shipped out to you asap.

The correct answers were:
1. Kokanee
2. Brown Trout
3. Rainbow Trout (actually a rainbow trout subspecies called "Redband Rainbow Trout" but just rainbow was acceptable too)
4. Mountain Whitefish
5. Common Carp
6. Walleye
7. American Shad
8. Pink Salmon
9. Largemouth Bass (although the mouth on that particular largemouth is quite small, as is the rest of the fish [Smile])
10. Tiger Musky
[signature]
Congratulations Lewis, too bad no one else entered the contest because we were hoping to see this board grow a little but good for you on the win. Have you been out fishing much? Any fishing reports you could share with us?
[signature]
Nice fish, I have caught all of the fish listed but you missed Smallmouth..[Wink]
[signature]
Darn, I got them all right. Next time [Wink]
[signature]