Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East canyon kokanee
Hey dubob......absolutely no offense taken ! I used to explore the creek from the lake upstream as far as the Jeremy Ranch vicinity. Totally unfathomable that that pretty little creek could be so void of fish. I guess the reservoir acts as a very effective filter of any fertilizers and such. The fishing below the lake on East Canyon creek can be awesome if you can find a generous landowner to grant you some access.
[signature]
I use to catch them back in the late 70's to early 80's, matter of fact I think it was probably Bduck and myself that were fishing together when I caught my first one out of there. I fished it fairly often for several years and several times caught limits.They seemed to run a little bigger than we were averaging out of Porcupine at the time. Unless you fished it during the week days I hated fishing the place with a small boat and lead core due to the damn power squadron even back then. Several times during the fall in past years I have stopped at the bridge by the resort to see if any kokes were spawning and have never seen one.
[signature]
This was posted last year on there Facebook page. And I know I've seen another DWR netting survey that pulled up bigger ones so I believe they are in there
[signature]
Thats the strangest looking kokanee that I have ever seen[blush].
[signature]
Haha ya it's a new breed. They also have a touch of striper and blue fin tuna in them. My fault reading through quickly and was excited for the wipers in there. Disregard that post then
[signature]
Hahaha...Koke/Wiper same diff.
[signature]