Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willow success finally
[cool] Camped over last weekend at willow beach and fished from our kayaks. My fishing buddy(sealfish) from calif. caught two stripers, 11lb 4oz and 5lb 6oz. I caught two stripers, 8lb 6oz and 6lber. My wife got blanked. We used A/C plugs.
My wife wanted redemption so we went back to willow yesterday and were on the water at 4am. At 6:30am she gets smacked with a big splash on her A/C but nada. At 7am she gets hit again and is on. She brings in an 11lb 9oz. striper along side and says she needs a bigger net. So starts the Chinese firedrill of me trying to get the fish in the bigger net while maneuvering the kayaks in a circle. Finally got her on the stringer and start fishing again. About 45min. later I hook up a 4lb 12oz striper on the BBZ lure. No more action after that.
My wife finally bested her PB of almost 7 years by 4lbs. Pics attached
[signature]
Awesome! Congrats!!! Something I have yet to try is on the river for Stripers. Maybe one of these days. Another technique/lesson to be learned.

Tom
[signature]
[cool]Thanks wolfs4evr. It seems that it takes me about five or six trips down there before I hookup again. As for my wife, this was only her second fish from willow in about eight years.
[signature]
I have tried 3 times down there and been blanked all 3 times. I did have 1 hook up but it broke off.

Congrats
[signature]
What color plugs were you using and how fast were you trolling? I run trout colored plugs, and go about 2.5-3.0 MPH and nada...
[signature]
Great now I have to go back and try to beat the woman's best. Until I do she will have poop talking rights over me and I just can't have that!
[signature]
[cool]Hey Gvec, We ere using trout colored A/C plugs. Also a trout colored BBZ. As far as trolling, we were paddling slow in our kayaks. I would say no more than 2mph with the current.
[signature]
I've been on Willow twice.

First time got a 12.35 and blanked the last time.
[signature]
Storm makes a good Trout immatation for a low price.

Works good down in Laughlin too.

https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=192145194965...rue&chn=ps
[signature]
What size/length BBZ were you using to catch those big stripers?
Thanks in advance,
Rob

[quote BigE][cool]Hey Gvec, We ere using trout colored A/C plugs. Also a trout colored BBZ. As far as trolling, we were paddling slow in our kayaks. I would say no more than 2mph with the current.[/quote]
[signature]