Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Horse Res.
Tube,

Hey big guy, just read an artical in the outdoor section of the "Standard" bragging about the ice/perch fishing at Wild Horse! They also went on about the multitude of other game fish in it, smallies, hybrid strippers (wipers?), channels, etc. That's your area, right? Do any fishing there? Ice fishing? Sounds like a good area. Use your fish finder when you ice fish?

Anything interesting happening down there. Duck season is over so Sparky and I are fishing the Weber. Sparky did real well for a pup and no training on the ducks, a few chuckars, and a couple of geese. I can remember saying hunting was over for 2003 when I lost Bud. Can't wait until warm weather and bass at Jordanelle, Mantua, and the Gorge not to mention Pelican and smallies in the Snake. I'm still planning on a fish finder if I can find the $.

[crazy]Leaky
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey Leaky, howya doin'? I have enjoyed following Sparky's progress. Sounds like he is training you pretty good. He probably has better bloodlines than you (no offense).[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]I fished Wildhorse many years ago...open water only. At that time it was managed as a trout fishery and the rainbows were big and plentiful. Since then, the Nevada fisheries folks have done a lot of experimenting on "multi-level" fisheries in the lake. Sounds like some of the experiments are working out well. Sorry I can't offer any first hand info.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]You might try posting on the Utah board for a good used sonar unit at a fair price. There has been a lot of chatter lately about guys upgrading and buying new models. You might find something useable at an affordable price. Check back with us first, and we can give a basic review for you. Then, if you are going to hook it up to your tube, we can guide you through that.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Glad to hear everything is going well. Hope the snow runoff doesn't come all at once this spring and flood everyone out. Also hope the water fills the ponds and that the fishies have a place to swim this year.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Pop in whenever you are in the neighborhood.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey TD, the way you've been talking lately sounds like you're not moving back to Utah this Spring after all. Gonna be hangin around AZ a little longer?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]Hey cat_man, that is not my decision at this point. We were on our way back three years ago, when my parents suddenly went downhill and we moved them out of their home in Idaho and in with us. We made a commitment to let them spend their remaining years in a warm climate.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]My dad "went home" last August, but my mother has decided she likes it here without him, I guess. She is still hanging in there pretty good. There is no way we would move her up there, so we will continue to make her comfortable here as long as she stays with us.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I miss the fishing up there, but I only have one mother. I'm afraid that when she goes, I am not going to be thinking much about fishing for awhile.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I see. Well, then I won't wish you a quick return to Utah. Instead I'll wish you as much time as possible with your dear mother, and cherish the time you get to spend with her.
[signature]
There are 2 other Tuben fools in Cali that won't be too happy either when Grandma "goes home". But we have to understand that it is on God's timeline and not our own making.
[signature]