Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have a Humminbird USB Cable?
I have a Humminbird 777C2 and it has been having some issues. One of the first things that the manufacturer recommends is to update the software on the unit. The problem is that my unit requires a usb cable to update the software, which I do not have. The cable costs $60 and there is a good chance that this will not even fix the problem.

Does anyone on here have a cable that I could borrow to update my software?
[signature]
What is the problem you are having with it? I was having a problem with mine and they recommended hitting the reset. I did that and it took care of the problem.
[signature]
I am having interference issues (noise on the screen). I added a dedicated fishfinder battery last summer and isolated the cables, but it still seems to be having problems. I also don't get any good readings at faster speeds. It may be a transducer placement issue, but I need to spend some more time diagnosing the problem (i.e., main motor interference, trolling motor interference, cavitation interference due to placement, etc.) It is my first fish finder and I bought it used, so I am hoping that there is not a problem with the unit/transducer. But being a rookie, I just have to feel my way through it I guess.

I have tried resetting the unit multiple times, but that hasn't seemed to help. Like I said, the first thing they recommended was to update the software. I am sure it has never been updated, so I thought I would start there.

Thanks for the response and I am open to any other suggestions/assistance!
[signature]
Just an idea, maybe you're getting vibration at the mounting site or some or all of the transducer mount has some play and is moving a tiny bit while the boat is in motion? Was just thinking that if the problem isn't consistent at all speeds, it might be something that changes while moving.
[signature]