Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF utah lake
Fished around the AF inlet today from 10:30 to 4:30. It was slow at times and fish after fish at others. Lots of people. Caught quite a few white bass and a walleye that almost made 24". My first walleye ever so I was a happy fisherman. Caught everything on 1/4 and 1/8 oz jigs. All different colors. Not much wind, good day.
[signature]
The word is out, so there are fishermen galore to compete with! I plan on taking my 2 year old grandson out for his first fishing experience. I just hope everyone behaves. The amount of trash left behind is sickening. This kind of fishing brings out the best and the worst in people.

Travelingangler, my brother, reported last year a couple of guys who were dipnetting the WB. The DWR office showed up and simply gave them a warning because they claimed they didn't know better due to a language barrier.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
I was there with my dad from 3:00-7:00 and caught around 30 white bass. The action was consistent, but when the wind picked up the action died off a little. The wind instead turned the walleye bite on. Saw a few people catch a walleye.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Glad to hear you guys found a good spot and caught some fish. It was pretty spotty up until the recent warm spell got the fish more active.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Everyone seemed to be behaving while I was there. I took a tube and stayed out just a little deeper than the waders for the most part.
[signature]