Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member from Hong Kong
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and novice at fishing.

I live in Hong Kong and will be going out to fish 1 hour of so outside of Hong Kong Islands. Not sure what to expect.

Been a while since last time fishing (probably High School in Vancouver) but hope to pick this up more.

Any advice on what rigging to use and other tips from fellow anglers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mookiehk
[signature]
Welcome to the site Mookiehk, we don't get many new members from Hong Kong, so I can't really help you with your question. I'll contact another member that fishes Salt water to see if he can answer your question. Good luck when you get out and please let us know how you do. One question for you, will you be fishing on a party boat where there are a lot of other anglers fishing too? or maybe a Sport fishing boat with just a few anglers? or maybe you will be fishing from shore?
WH2
[signature]
Rented a boat with 10 ppl.

In general though does it matter wgat type of line im using for tying dropper knot?
[signature]
I don't see why using that knot on a dia. or type of line would be a problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3cGhPWRJI0

The reason I ask how many people were you fishing with, usually when your fishing with a group, there will always be someone, that has more experience, that could help you with your question, just in case you don't get a quick reply here.
[signature]
Hi and welcome.

The double dropper loop seems to work best for most saltwater fishing applications. You may only need to adjust the distance between hooks and the weight depending upon how much current you have there at the time.

High tide and low tide will determine how far you fish from the bottom.

The dropper loop can be tied onto almost any size line. Just be sure to lubricate the line before pulling the knot tight in order to ease the friction. [cool]
[signature]
Hello welcome to the forums!

Greetings from canada Smile
[signature]