Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing 4/20
Went to Echo Saturday afternoon and it was the busiest I have ever seen that place. Both parking lots were full. I don't think I have ever seen more than 10 trailers there before...

Decided our usual spots were probably already beat up with that many boats on the water, so we decided to turn right and head further down river to new territory. Hit some new coves and I landed 4, and my friend got 5. Both stripers and LMB. Missed tons of fish too. My friend had 7 come off before he started sticking them. I gave him crap about sharpening hooks, but they all bit brand new lures lol.

They were hitting everything. We got hits on jerkbaits, spinnows, topwater, dropshot, swimbait, and my friend caught a record on his original rapala, this LMB was smaller than the 4 3/8 in lure lol.

Didn't take any pics, but the biggest striper was around 2.5 lbs and the biggest LMB was around 3 lbs. One of the 4 hrs of fishing ever!

Was wondering, has anyone ever tried fishing the docks at Echo? It's kind of muddy looking and slightly overgrown now, but I would imagine there's bass there.
[signature]
Thanks for the great report. Haven't been out in months and have the itch if the winds decide to stay away. I try like heck to go on Fridays that I have off just to avoid the crowds. Crazy it was that busy at Echo this early in the year. I have seen both lots pretty well filled once before.

No idea on the docks. Keep thinking about trying it as I am driving by heading home at the end of the day. lol

Tom
[signature]