Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Smallmouth
I'm going fishing with my son tomorrow and he wants to hit Jordanelle for smallmouth but I think its still too early. Does anyone have a report they would be willing to share? This is his last fishing before he gets married and has to get a kitchen pass so I want to make it a good one.
[signature]
Hey Wormburner

The smallmouth bite was hot on Jondanelle last Saturday, Browns & Rainbow in the cross fire.

When water temp hit 56 f it was lights out

Be Patient with temps and don't be afraid of fishing offshore

Good luck and take that kid on the water for fun
[signature]
I just got back from Deer Creek this morning. I caught seven smallmouth and a rainbow in 2-3 hours. The biggest smallie was shy of 13 inches, but still a fun morning. Jordanelle is a little higher, but with the warm weather I wouldn't be surprised if you'd do fine there.
[signature]
I fished a day at Jordanelle about a week and a half ago -- can't recall exactly what day it was. It was relatively slow for us, but we did catch 2 really nice rainbows and 2 smallies. The last fish of the day was the nicest smallmouth I'd ever caught.

I tried to snap a quick picture just as I was lowering him down over the edge of the boat to release it and he started flopping around so I didn't get a very good picture, but you can see he was a really nice fish.

I think the water temp would have warmed up a fair amount since I was up there, so I'd guess you should do fairly well.

FYI- we caught the rainbows on F5 rainbow rapalas and the smallies on dark brown wolly buggers thrown right up close to shore.

Good luck!
[signature]