Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge
My wife and a kid who lives by me that has been asking me to take him fishing for the last 3 mo.
they all backed out the last min. so went alone
Tue got 6 big lakers like the one in the attachment and missed four others
trolling. most did not take them out of the water just got the hook out and let them go, this one I pulled him out and took a picture he was out of the water maybe about 1 min. I missed 4 others
went after kokanee Wed and Thursday
the wind came up bad Wed about 9:30 am I was north of the Ranch and had to get back to Lucerne. My $2600 onix fishfinder about this time froze up and got hot it is toast now.
had down riggers down 25 and 35 feet

Thur got up at 4:30 and it was raining and the wind was blowing
so was getting ready to come home but had to wait till 7:30 for the marina store to open by then the rain and wind had moved
so went for koke for 2 hr.
this time down riggers down 30 and 36'
I hooked into two big Kokanee on the same set up and same down rigger down 36' with in about 15 min using orange squid and orange 5.5" dodger they were fighters they keep coming out of the water taking drag I would get them by the boat net in one hand pole in the other I lost both of them but that was a lot of fun the 30 lb lakers did not fight like that.
[signature]
Thanks for the report--a very impressive fish in the photo. Condolences about the fish finder. That sounds like an unfortunate loss!
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip, all but the fish finder. I think we all have been wishing we had a net person at one time or another, heck when I take the kids that's all I am.

I am in the process of dealing with Humminbird with some issues I am having with my Onix, they have been ok to deal with so far.
[signature]
Great report!
I hope that you are able to get the Onix fixed or replaced soon.

Brian
[signature]
Were you targeting the Lakers? If so, what did they like?
If not, that would have been quite a fight on Kokanee gear?

I know how much you love Kokanee fish, and this is the time of year that you look forward to.

Brian
[signature]
I was after the big lakers
Brian
If you ever want to go to FG we can fish for them
you need to get one in your new boat
If I can't catch one in 2 or 3 hr. I head out for kokanee

I just sent my fish finder to Humminbird
[signature]
Lets do it! PM sent.

Brian
[signature]
Sounds crappy and fun sounds like my lake powell trip. Thunderstorms replaced supposedly sunshiny days, and my empellar (I thought) went out ended up just being a plugged up line, and had a tire blow on the trailer only to find out my spare was the wrong pattern to fit. But I also had some of the best fishing I've ever had so it all balanced out ha.
I'm hoping to make a trip to the gorge before I go to Alaska for work on June 14th. I have loved Kokanee fishing at strawberry but have never had the pleasure of catching the 3 pounders at the Gorge.

Sorry about the fish finder I always enjoy the info you share that you get from that things
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip Robert short of your electronics taking a dump on you. Congrats on some nice fish!
[signature]
I was thinking about my Lowrance unit getting warm the other day and how to prevent it, sorry to read yours overheated. And Robert, let me know the dates you plan to be at the gorge in June, I need to take you out on the new boat and teach me how to fish out of it better.
[signature]
I don't think I can show you a lot
I do like you new boat
I don't go to Flaming Gorge on week ends

but PM me when you go
I don't know if I can fish on someone else boat
it is getting so I can't even fish on mine have so much stuff cant find anything.
[signature]