Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Berry from the Shore
Now that schools out for the summer, I'm gonna be headed up to the berry for a little fishing action this next weekend with one of my buddies. Planning on fishing all day saturday and sunday. I've never been fishing at the berry (well I went once after I had shot my buck), and was wondering if you had any late spring/early summer trout tips for me? I won't have a boat, and was hoping I might get a few tips on some general areas, and maybe some tackle that's working well around the shore this time of year. Thanks. [fishon]
[signature]
Haven't fished from the shore in a while but I always see people over in the Ladders area. Worm and a green marshmallow has always worked for me at Strawberry.
[signature]
Haws Point is a good place to try. PowerBait will catch them. Use the smallest treble hook you can buy and only put on enough PowerBait to cover the hook. Fishing under a bobber with a whole crawler or a whole minnow will also work.
[signature]
Three to four feet of leader preferably flourocarbon. Size 16 treble hook. Power bait olive garlic, salmon peach, orange. Fish on the bottom. I was just up there Wednesday and that is what they were biting on.
[signature]