Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black vs Silver boat
So guys, I have been in the market for a bass boat. This will be a keeper and do not plan on trading even 15 years down the road. So I am torn between two colors. A metal flake black (looks black when low light but dark dark charcoal in direct sun due to the metal flake). I absolutely fell in love with the color scheme. Black sets etc. Now, having said that, realistically I live in Vegas and out on the water it is blistering in the SUMMER but on the flipside, where I fish the most would be the cooler months. Maintenance on a black boat will be more and may show more dings? Will darker colors oxidize faster? I always spray wax my boat when its out of the water and keep covered under a carport.

If all the advice you guys give me points me to steer away from black then I will go for silver simply because i do like the silver (but a distant second to the black haha) and it will be eassier to maintain and I am assuming will be cooler?

carpet on either will be gray as that color is the most important when choosing for comfort. I know some southern waters in California can be hot as well so you guys may have some advice

Thanks for any iput for AND against. Lets hear it
[signature]
You might appreciate the lighter colored boat beings that you will be fishing in hot weather. Black boats look nice but they are heat magnets. [cool]
[signature]