Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tibble Fork
I saw on KSL tonight that the construction at Tibble Fork has been completed and the reservoir is now full again! TF has long been one of my wife's and mine favorite places to fish. It is close to home and by far one of the cheapest to access! We always managed to find large fish and they were plentiful! I am excited to see the kind of fish that will be available there in the coming years due to the increased acreage due to the dam renovation!

The article I saw mentioned the DWR had already planted 1400 Rainbows to celebrate the reopening. Does anyone know what future stocking plans are for the reservoir?

Has anyone been out there yet and given it a whirl? If ssp, how did you do?

1400 fish jist doesn't seem like much for how large the new reservoir is...it wouldn't have been many for the old reservoir, especially given how much pressure it gets....
[signature]
The fish stocking report says 2800, might be they didn't want to over do it. Maybe there needs to be a good deal more aquatic vegetation to oxygenate the water? Or even more likely, not enough invertebrate life to support that many fish. Also possible they're waiting to plant some arctic grayling like they did at Silver Lake Flat when it was done.
[signature]
I am actually quiet impressed with how Tibble Fork came out. It is 10x's better in my opinion, and it should be for the 7.3 million dollar price tag that came among with it. There is a pretty nice dock that you can launch your canoe from and get out of the water from as well. Fishing is good. Actually fished off the dock, by the dock, and along that shore and all spots produced. Healthy 8-12" planters that are definitely hungry. Fishing was steady for most of the afternoon. caught them on powerbait and jakes lures. Get up there and enjoy it. Got a decent sized beach up there for the kids as well
[signature]
We loved the shallow area by the tree. My young grandkids could kayak easily. Does it have a good beach for little kids? Does anyone have a picture? Maybe done has one.
[signature]
Here is a decent video on YouTube showing the renovated Tibble Fork taken by a drone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSL2rMBSxis

Looks to be very popular for non-fishing type activities, but at least it is much bigger so hopefully those wanting to fish can find space.
[signature]
Thank u. Big help. Looks like the river has become a canal. Maybe that will get better.
[signature]
I have a feeling that now the brown's are going to be getting big. I wonder how the hot springs are going to affect the ice when the lake is that full comparing how it use to be.
[signature]
Ya but what about all the sediment at the bottom of the lake?

https://www.facebook.com/ProtectAmerican...114834964/
[signature]
We went up Friday and checked it out. It is much larger than before but to be honest I prefer the way it was before...it feels so commercialized to me now and my fishing spot by spillway no longer exists.

The wind was whipping up the sand they trucked in for the "beach" it was unfishable for us because of this.

We ended up driving up to Silver. We were the only ones up there for the first few hours. The wind was pretty miserable up there too, but it wasn't blowing trucked in sand all over. Fishing was a bit slow, but I did manage to hook my PB Arctic Grayling. We headed down the canyon about 1 pm. It was really starting to get busy as we left and the wind was still terrible.
[signature]

I actually echo that big_gripps. I was up there about two weeks before it was officially opened and had an interesting conversation with one of the construction workers. I commented on how dirty the water was looking, and he said that it was all of the toxic sediments that had been kicked up from the work going on up stream. He then said that we shouldn't worry because they will all settle on the bottom of the lake bed and wont be a problem.....He then said it would cost too much money to dig it all up and truck it out of there, so they will literally cover it up and it wont be a problem.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!?!?!?!
[signature]
[quote Devildog09]
I actually echo that big_gripps. ![/quote]

I dont gripe! I just have an indisposition for negligence. LOL I hope it was a typo lol [bobsuspicious][bobhappy][bobhappy][bobhappy]
[signature]