Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 7/1/17
Just left Lincoln Beach about 12:00 noon. The power squadron was starting to take over the launch. Thought the way wind would be good for a 7ish launch and it was. Only problem when we were about 2 miles away it decided to form some 18" whitecaps! All worked out. We found shelter in a cove and was good to go. My wife caught her first ten cats in her lifetime. Happy Lady. We finished with about 25 for the day. All caught on Scofield Chub in 3' of water.
[signature]
It's about time you got a little class in that new boat of yours. Gotta be a big improvement over the lone rider.[Wink] You may be creating another cataholic.

Glad you got out and missed most of the power squad. Seems like it is easy to miss them at launch but it can get crowded in a hurry by mid-morning. Didn't see any pics so I assume no bumps on your contest score... yet. One of these days...

Full moon coming up on the 8th... good time for a night shift.

Good on ya for getting out with your better half.

BLK
[signature]
Your right Lynn. No bump ups today. The longest was 26". I thought I had a good candidate but it shrunk in size between the surface of the water and the landing net. Maybe the fish god will Smile on me at some point. Couldn't believe how many fish caught today had 6# line hanging out of their mouths. Guess this why the Big One got away stories will always be around!😃
[signature]
Was that you tucked around the concrete Icesled

I seen someone leave there around noon

We had another outstanding bite til 2:00

The Whisker Bending has been excellent in the Area

The MRS. May be "hooked" Now
[signature]
That was me. That spot has been hot for the last few weeks. I like it because you can fish that area under a float and avoid a lot of hangups like areas around bird island. It is not giving up any big fish so far but is great for catching. I think my better half may be hooked. She was showing pictures of her catch at church yesterday. May have created a catholic!
[signature]