Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry report here
got to the hole around 9:30 this morning. took a little time for the elements to calm down after the power auger was finished, but any how started catching fish immediately. the bite was very lite. had far more hits than lands. started in 12 ft of water. had several commit and bite but not many were hooked. as the day progressed i moved into 22 ft of water and started getting the bite again. put a paddle bug on with a meal worm. finally i started to get into a rythm of hookin them cutts. fished near the marina. finished at around 5 pm. landed 18 cutts between two of us split right down the middle at 9 a piece. had at least another 15 good solid hits and takes each that did not result. stayed active the entire day with bites and hit action. good day. the wind kicked up and it got cold. one cutt went over the slot.

jr8fish
[signature]
It seems like you have had a few good ice fishing trips this year. In the summer when I can get my boat on the water I can catch 25-50 fish a day. But ice fishing has been a little tuffer the past couple of years I have to get up there early and the good fishing only lasts a couple of hours. How thick was the ice?
[signature]
How was the snow on the ice ? Any ATVs on the ice ?
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Strawberry has been far kinder to you than it has to me the last couple of years[Sad] Did you happen to get any pics of the fish you caught? Was there much slush on the ice today?
[signature]
hi all im jr8fish father and fishing partner

lots of snow 15 inches on the lake no slush as of yet as long as the temps stay low. But off of the ice and on the firndges around the lake there is a ton like 4 or 5 feet its hard to move in if you happen to brake thru the crust

no atvs that we saw lots of snowmobils and a [font "Arial"][#333399][size 4]Helicopter [font "Verdana"][#000000][size 1]made lots of fly bys jr8fish had heard that they have been filming a movie up that way[/size][/#000000][/font][/size][/#333399][/font]

[size 1]for any of you that read jr8fish posts DOUG MILLER on kutv outdoors will be showing one of jrs strawberry pictures (I took he he he) tonight on the snap shot of the week 2/7/2004 kutv ch2 11:00 pm.[/size]

[size 1]jrs4x4 father of jr8fish[/size]
I have never been there do you need to take a snowmobile up there or is the walk not bad. Thanks

Fishkid
[signature]
the walk is fine you just have to find areas that are not fished hard to do well.

jr8fish
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]
Way to go! I'm like many of the others, the berry has not been good to me through the ice for so long that I quit ice fishin it. Best of luck on your next adventure.
[signature]
I did very well saturday. You can read my report on the "What, no strawberry report" or something like that thread.
[signature]