Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to buy soft lead
I am finding that pouring 10 and 12 ounce pyramid sinkers uses lots of lead. I am interested in purchasing several pounds of soft lead. It does not need to be pure lead. If you have any you would like to sell or know where I can buy some, at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Note: I live in Utah but travel to Mountain Home area frequently, so anywhere along that route would work.
[signature]
You would be better to buy hard lead, The kind that has alloy. It is much cheaper. Pure is going for a dollar a pound used. New is over 2 dollars. You should get alloy for under a dollar.
[signature]
I have found soft lead at $1 a pound in ingots. I have found hard lead (perhaps it is soft, not sure which) at $.83 and $.85 a pound in scraps.
[signature]
Have you checked scrap yards, I used to get mine at them, now I look around on ebay for it.
(09-04-2020, 05:44 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Have you checked scrap yards, I used to get mine at them, now I look around on ebay for it.

You have replied to a three-year-old post.  A couple of kind guys on here, graciously, shared lead with me.  It seems one never has enough though.  I will check out eBay and see what I find.  It would seem that shipping would be prohibitive on lead.