Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Stream + Wild Fish / Good Times
In an attempt to beat the heat, I made a trip to an old favorite In western Wyoming. Guessing I caught and released 15 or 20 or more cutthroats. Biggest was 14 inches, smallest was 4 or 5 and most were 8 to 12. While small, they were still a blast on a tankara rod. 65 degrees when I started and 75 when I left. You got to love it when a plan works.

Larry
[signature]
Good stuff man. Thanks for sharing.

"Trophy fish" come in many shapes and sizes. [Wink]
[signature]
Very nice!
[signature]
That's a pretty stream, it's also good to hear of someone that knows no all rods have reels.
[signature]
Tenkara has put the fun back into fly fishing. Spent a couple hours last week fishing a local stream with a major highway next to it. Best outing of the week.

Larry
[signature]
I am going to buy my second one the week. I have an 11 year old and he wants to come with me. We have been working on casting and spent a couple hours on the river but the line management and drift are a little bit too much. A tenkara rod fixes those.
[signature]
Very nice! I'm heading up to my favorite little Wyoming stream later this week. I've also recently picked up a Tenkara rod. Can't wait to try it out up there. Do you use traditional Tenkara flies or 'regular' (for lack of a better word) flies?
[signature]
I use regular flies. A Renegade knocks the socks of Wyo. Cutties. It's also hopper season so a hopper and a dropper should be a winner. I'm going back to this creek for a couple of d ays later in the week. Combining huckleberry picking with fly fishing. Report to follow.

Larry
[signature]