Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake ??s
Hey guys, looking for some input with an upcoming trip to fish lake. My family is having a reunion there this weekend, and they all want to do some fishing. Unfortunately I don't have a boat so we are going from the shore unless I get a rental, (trying but not sure if any are available for Saturday).

Wondering if anyone has had much success from shore there? I know the twin creeks area was pretty decent when I was last thereabout that was over 20 years ago. Im planning on using frozen chubs and night crawlers, but have offered to buy everybody dinner at the lodge if we don't catch enough fish for dinner Saturday[shocked]. If we do get the rental then we should be fine fishing along the weed Line like we did as kids, but without the boat I am not sure, so thanks in advance for any help!!!

[fishon]
[signature]
the tough part with fishing Fish Lake from shore is the weeds. It is very difficult to cast anywhere and keep your bait out of the weeds. This is why Twin Creeks is so popular -- you have some open water that is weed free.

I'd maybe suggest trying a fly-and-bubble approach and try to keep above the weeds (just sub-surface). You should be able to catch some rainbows doing this. If you are going to bait fish, you're going to have to figure out how to keep the bait above the weeds.

Other options would be to drive down to either Mill Meadow or Forsythe. Both of those would provide some good shore fishing for nice trout.
[signature]
That sounds like a good idea! Thanks, Ill try the fly/bubble combo, still hoping on the rental though, so that would get us past the weeds
[signature]
The Lodge keeps one houseboat available saturday on a first come first served basis.
They open at 6 am but you will most likely need to be earlier than that.
[signature]