Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison River
Hey Folks....I'm headin up to the Madison in Montana this Sunday for 8 days of fishin. Has anyone fished it yet this year ? Just looking for a current report of what bugs were working for you. I hear there are still some Salmon flys hanging around and I always carry those. I know I'll get into something up there but a little advanced advice is always good to arrive with. Thanks !
[signature]
When you get up there, stop in the slide inn they will give you the best/most up to date information or just call the shop before you leave Utah. If you find yourself wanting a guide for a day I would suggest Jeremy Clark, who guides for Kelly Galloup at the slide in,n hes probably my favorite friend to fish with. Tell him Nick C. sent you and have fun!
[signature]
Just got back from a month or so in the area. Maddy is fishing good, but salmonflies are now over. Caddis, PMD's, Yellow Sallies, a few goldens, the usual mid-season stuff. Stop at Slide Inn, and then go fish. Fish early, and fish late until dark. Mid-day is tough unless you're nymphing.
[signature]