Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd lake 7-15

Fished Boyd this morning for a few hours. Fished the south end around the outlet. Caught 5 smallies from 12in. Up to 16in. All caught on a spinnerbait.
[signature]
What, no eyes[Wink]? Nice going on the SMB, what kind of blades were on the spinnerbaits you were using? I been playing with spinnerbaits this year, trolling them, the one I've been using has a double willow leaf blade and I took off the skirt and put on a plastic grub. Not sure that was a great idea but I thought maybe I could change the color of the grub and it might help, it hasn't worked so far.[Sad]
[signature]
Most of my spinnerbaits are tandom blades, 1 big willow blade and a small Colorado blade green and white skirt.
You could have added the grub to the spinnerbait and leave the skirt on. I put a double tail grub on them a lot of the time. I've never tried trolling a spinnerbait, only cast and reel around structure. I like them because they don't snag very much.
I haven't figured the walleye out yet but I found some good shore line. I need to try a bottom bouncer down it next time.
[signature]
The rubber ban holding the skirt on rotted, that was the only reason I took it off. Is the double tail grub like a split tail?[:/]
[signature]
that little rubber band rots out all the time. I have used a small piece of rubber tubing to repair mine. seems to work pretty good but it's kind of hard to put the band on.
the double tail grub is just like a single tail but with 2 tails. the split tail grub doesn't have that much action.
[signature]
I just figured it was easier to but a tail on lure rather than try to repair it, I'll see if I can find some of those double tail grubs, to see if that will help.
[signature]
Cabals and bass pro sells the skirts for spinnerbaits, they are different than the ones with the little rubber band. you can put then on backwards and that gives it a bigger profile and better action.
[signature]
Great, thanks for the info Chuck, I'll look for them the next time I'm in there.[cool]
[signature]