Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to get flies?
I've fly fished a little here and there, but decided I wanted to get more serious. Since I won't be tying my own right away, I wanted some advice on where to get flies. I currently live in Provo. I plan on mostly fishing with my fly rod from a float tube in lakes for trout, but will also hit an occasional stream or two. I'm guessing at least a few of you tie up some to sell, and there are probably some good shops around. So I'd like to know, if you don't tie your own, where do you get your flies from? And is there anywhere that I should stay away from?

TIA~ REPETER
[signature]
A few guys on here will sell flies, myself among them. In the Provo area there are two fly shops and the big box stores like Sportsmens Warehouse.

Eddies Fly shop on about 600 E and 8th S. Provo.

Fly Fish Food around 1600 N and State. Orem

And a bazillion places online. But I tie my own so I don't know which of those are any good.
[signature]
you could always go to the larger stores, IE Sportsmans. But IMHO if you got to the smaller shops you get better service and quality. A reply above me listed a few shops, my all time favorite in the western US is:

Anglers Den, over in Roy. Lance, Wade, Kathy, everyone in there is not only very knowledgeable, there are all badasses.
[signature]
I get most of my flies at good ol' Sportsmans Warehouse. They usually keep their bins well stocked and I drive past there every day. I also will visit Eddies from time to time when in the area.

If there is a certain item you want but the local shops don't have, online suppliers can work nicely too.
[signature]
I use this one for streamers.

[url "https://www.theflystop.com/fly-fishing-flies-discount"]https://www.theflystop.com/fly-fishing-flies-discount[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the replies all.
[signature]
Interesting. I have been in there a few times and have gotten little attention, let a lone assistance with gear, flies and etc... Have given them a few changes, but no mass for me.
[signature]
If you are in the Salt Lake area swing into Fish Tech. That is hands down my favorite fishing shop, period. Fly Fishing knowledge is on point and very current and relevant. They have the best selection I've found, and have no problem helping you with any question on techniques or gear.
[signature]
You forgot to hold your wallet out. That's how you get help at Sportsman's.
[signature]
I am sure there is an explanation as to why you would have been ignored. I have had nothing but stellar customer service from anyone in there.
[signature]
Check your pm box.
I'll be more then willing to sell you some flies.
[signature]