Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Rock Cliff Arm
Is it still possible to launch a boat from Rock Cliff Arm at Jordanelle. Last I heard the water has been dropping.
[signature]
I was up there Saturday and they were launching some pretty large boats on that small ramp. Water temp was 70 degrees and the fishing was great but the catching was slow. Two of us landed 6 rainbows is all. We talked to a number of other folks in boats and they said said the catching was slow also
[signature]
Launched Sea Eagle toon there today. Don't think I'd launch my Tracker there anytime soon, pretty narrow and steep.

Caught a ton of bass and half a dozen perch. Nothing size wise. The bass were about 10 - 12 inches and the perch were right around 10 inches. Fun day though. Fished about 3 hours in the morning.
[signature]
I was there today too, a little later in the morning. Smaller boats should still be OK for a bit longer, but the power squadron and big fishing boats may struggle at this point.

I had a good day too although the perch were a little smaller today than they had been. Got chased off the water a bit after three.
[signature]
Could you please tell me where in that bay you were fishing, what you used for each species, how far off the bank you fished, etc. Am goin there on Wednesday, and would enjoy the advice and help. Thanks!
[signature]
Could you please tell me what you used, where in the bay you fished, and any other details you could give me? Am going there on Wednesday and would appreciate any help on these two species. Thanks!
[signature]
Launch from Rock Cliff boat ramp, go west 1/3 of a mile, fish the North shore. Throwing curley tail jigs in green color for bass. Throw towards the shore. Lots of submerged brush so be prepaired to lose some jigs. I used a second pole just over the side with a worm fishing close to the bottom for perch. Have fun.
[signature]
There are usually boats on the south side. Did you see them catching? How far out from the bank did you anchor?
[signature]
I look for dropoffs near structure such as stickups and weedbeds. Smaller bass tend to be closer to shore. Last trip, the bigger perch seemed to be in about 5-6 ft of water and the bass in 7-8 ft water. I mostly fish dropshot with a Yamamoto cut tail worm.

Good luck and please leave us a report on how you did.
[signature]
fished two days, Friday and Saturday two weeks ago. Trolled work and pop gear both days. First day caught bows, two wipers, and a koke on the worm. Saturday just bows. Spent too much time trolling to invest any time on other species with casting. Saw one boat catching a few smb.
[signature]
I'm hoping to get back up there this coming Friday. I'll be throwing plastics for Bass and dropping a nightcrawler over the side for Perch.
[signature]