Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8/26 Hot day at Willard
Woke up this morning not knowing if I wanted to try Hyrum or Willard. I chose Willard and boy am I glad. Got on the water about 7:30 and trolled out of the north marina toward the dike. After an hour of nothing, I started seeing boils near all the weeds in about 5 feet of water. I anchored, put on a kastmaster and caught 1 out of the boil. The boil only lasted about a minute. I continued blind casting and by 11:00 I had landed 22 wipers, all about 3 lbs..
I called my brother to join me. He arrived about 12:00. We managed to put several more in the boat. By 1:00pm everything stopped and we headed home. Brother caught 3 or 4 and I ended up with a total of 28 wipers. kept 3 of the biggest for meals.
This was the best fishing for wipers that I ever had at Willard. It made up for a whole lot of skunked trips. All fish were caught on a kastmaster and weighed between 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 lbs..
The day was Hot but the fishing was HOTTER.[Smile][Smile][fishon]
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Excellent! Good to hear a wiper report at Willard. I've caught a bunch of catfish in the past month, but wipers have been few and far between. Congrats on a great day.
[signature]
Wow! Nice job and tks for a good report on Willard....So just casting it sounds like they're up pretty high? Man, if they were all that big they must really be putting a hurt on the shad population.....good to hear....
[signature]
Fish were only in 8-10 feet of water. Only caught 2 wipers this morning about 4 lb. each.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue