Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Keep Fish?
Most of the time when I go fishing, I practice catch and release, however, there are times when I catch a nice sized fish that I wouldn't mind taking home to eat. I usually am not done fishing though, and being as I am knee deep and continually moving up stream, I usually let it go because I don't know how to keep the fish with me without it being too much of an inconvenience. Any ideas or methods on what you do in this situation?
[signature]
You could try carrying a creel. Just dip the whole thing in the water every once in a while to keep the fish fresh.
[signature]
I'd go years between keeping trout but when I rarely wanted to it was a pain. I also tended to cover a lot of ground moving upstream. Frequently miles. Skip the creel. Just keep a few fish at the very end of your time fishing. Plan on doing this we're fishing is usually nonstop and decent size fish are common. That's where you should be fishing the bulk of your time anyways. Keep a 2-3 2 pound trout rather than worry about how to keep the bigger one fresh for a couple hours.
[signature]