Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer hunting in area 38
Hello everyone.

I had a very quick question, I am going to try deer hunting again this year, and I am trying to find an place in area 38 that I can do a general hunt in. According to Idaho Fish and Game, its short range weapons only here and the deer flat wildlife refuge is controlled hunt only.

My question is this, does anyone have an idea of a place I can go for deer hunting in area 38 BESIDES the deer flat wildlife refuge?

Any help will be appreciated,

Jared
[signature]
From my experience, unit 38 is going to be a very tough hunt. Most of the deer will be in location that have exclusive and controlled access (private property). I wish you much luck. Sorry I can't help.
[signature]
either start knocking on doors or if you have a boat you can hunt the (some) of the islands on the Snake River and you may get a deer, check out the IDGF site for public access area's. Good luck,
Matt
[signature]
Hello,

Thank you for the advice. I think I will try knocking on doors. I have never really had to do that before. Where do you think I should go in unit 38? Garden valley? Parma? I honestly have no idea.

Also, I never had to knock on doors. What exactly should I say?

Jared
[signature]
Garden Valley is not in unit 38.

Go do some scouting. Look around early in the mornings and late in the evenings. Use binoculars. Find some deer, then you can start asking around to see who can give you access to land where there are deer.

Or, you could float the river and scout the islands. It is going to be a tough hunt.
[signature]