Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview crappie .

Hello I was just wondering Abbott when do the crappie start hitting by the dam, in a boat. I put mine away to early last year just to find out they were biting. I really didn't know about the action. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some nice slabs😁
[signature]
[#0000FF]Pineview crappies usually start moving in to shore and schooling up when fall water temps fall below about 65. Early in that cycle (by about October 1) you can catch them shallow...20' or less...near rocky shorelines or around structure like trees or docks.

As water temps drop, so do the crappies...moving into deeper water. By late October they may be right on the bottom in 40 - 50 feet of water.

Every year is slightly different...in terms of fish populations, average size and where they hang out. Water levels and food resources are the main factors. You need good sonar and a range of lures and baits to prospect for them...and watch for reports. Also watch for where the boats are congregating. Lots of crappieologists are not anxious to broadcast their success and invite the hordes to join them.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]What Pat said; mid-October should produce well based on last years adventure during that time frame.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."