Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry from Shore 9/29
Should have posted this sooner, but last Friday afternoon I just had to get out and see the colors so I threw in my poles and headed toward Strawberry. The weather was good, with little wind so I stopped in at Haws Point at about 5:30 pm. Threw out a bobber with worm and pulled in 7 Cutts between 18-22" by 7 pm.

It does amaze me how thin many of the cutts are at Strawberry (see picts). Very little fight, probably because they don't have the energy. Makes me wonder if there is enough food for so many cutts. Fished Currant Creek about week ago and caught both Rainbows and Cutts, all were thick and very healthy and fought much, much harder even though about 16-18".

Got my fix for the week. Bite is definitely there in the shallower water.

NOTE: All fish were released quickly and safely after posing for a quick photo. I don't ever keep anything at Strawberry but Kokanee. The picts help prove to the wife I actually did go fishing.
Sounds like fun, thanks for the report.... Fall is sure a beautiful time to go fishing... Later J
[signature]
Nicely done..... Great way to spend an afternoon
[signature]
Monday.... so looking forward to getting out. Thanks for the report
[signature]
Thanks for the update time to get out the fall poles.
[signature]

Quote:Quote:
"The solution to any problem is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be."- John Geirach

Congratulations on excellent success from shore!

I like the challenges of shore fishing. It's different. I look forward to enjoying a greater range of shore fishing with my new vehicle with intentions to camp right there at shore, so early morning when it's hard to get up and going (night person), my thought will I'm already there and fishing is usually best early.

One of the shore fishing challenges is depth and particularly in the heat of summer when the fish are deeper. Haws Point is deep from shore. Thanks to fish hntr, I now know some great places where it is 120 feet plus from shore! Getting there for camping there is solved by my new ice fishing vehicle.

Regarding that quote, At work they ask me if I prefer overtime work or not. My answer is always the same: If I work overtime, then that's good for fishing -- I'll buy more fishing supplies. If I don't work overtime, that's good for fishing, too -- I'll have more time to fish!
[signature]