Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mead Striper Guide?? Updated with Report**
Hey yall long time no post!

Yeah fishing is great out here in Texas. I mean just loving it! But I miss Vegas, my hometown, and fishing Mead.

Coming for a visit with my son and would like to take him out for stripers on Mead...Of course I wont have my gear, and want to get on fish. So I am looking for a guide option!

Any suggestions? My son is 14 by the way, not like little kid stuff.
[signature]
http://adventureinangling.com/fishing/

Mark Edison
(702) 375-1821

This would be my guide of choice.
[signature]
I've gone with that guide twice, had a great time both times. Only did the boils though, not the river trophy fish.
[signature]
I talked with him 3 weeks ago. He had a Husband and Wife team from out of state. The both had over 30 stripers each.

He said if you can cast a spinning rig he can put you on a lot of fish.
[signature]
Hi guys! Ended up going out with capt jon of Las Vegas fishing charters.

Started the date trolling small swimbaits in Hemingway Harbor and picked up a few dinks there.

Moved into some coves west of boulder harbor and picked up some more decent sized fish jigging spoons in 55 fow.

once the birds moved out the fish moved we really never got on them again very well. Picked a few here and there casting in coves. Got two dinks trolling behind sand island. That was it.

Had a great time though.

I had not seen the lake since 2010, it was low then. What I saw today blew my mind. 33 hole is gone. where are used to stand and Bank fish is now a 60-foot cliff LOL.

that said some of the new areas that have been created looked absolutely beautiful some really nice deep coves wonderful points and GRASS!!!! Why I never?!? Grass all over.

Would love to bring my yak from Texas and spend a few days camped and fishing those coves.

It's not the lake Mead it was in 98. my senior year of high school we used to ditch about every day and go cliff diving in Gypsum wash. At night I'd take the girlfriend to Boulder Beach. Go for a swim, make a little fire and count UFOs...it's not that lake.

It's not the same lake it was in 09 when I moved. Bank fishing 33 Hole all day in Spring with my brother trying to catch a 10lb bass. We knew there was one. We saw it once... it's not that lake.

But it's still a beautiful Lake. And it was special to go back. Some things never change.
[signature]
Awesome. Glad you had a good time. Weather lately certainly has been nice.

Tom
[signature]