Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candlewood Lake
My fishing buddy told me today that he's hitting fish on the lake today. Most were over 2 lbs and lost a nice 4-5 lber. I would say the fall bite is on for the lake. Full moon always helps. He boated 5 fish today. So get out now for very little crowds and good fishing before Malloy taxes taking fish. [Wink][crazy]
[signature]
LOL, I thought you were in NC, not CT. Great report none the less, sounds like a fun day on the water.
[signature]
Just passing on the chatter I heard today. At least it's some fishy news for the yankees. LOL
[signature]
Oh, I see, just trying to make the members in CT jealous, I bet its cooler up there, than the 70* water temp of NC or is Candlewood Lake in CT?
[signature]
Candlewood is in Danbury CT. My old fishing buddy Bob goes their a lot. He will miss the large smallies and Lg mouth when he moves to NC. Just another casulty of some one moving out.
[signature]
I hear it is colder in CT than in SC in the Winter, so it does not surprise me when anyone wants to move South as they get older.
[signature]
I believe the number is 5000 a month. And it's not the cold doing it.
[signature]
Must be those that are running the state.
[signature]
You got it right. Aetna after 134 years gone, Blue Cross head quarters gone, 85 percent of gun manufacturers gone, capital one gone. They decided to tax the rich more, they moved out. Thousands of jobs gone. Number 49th rated for states close to bankruptcy. No state budget as of today, was due last July. Billions in the hole by union retirements going up 6 percent a year. Retire 5 years ago at 60,000 would net you close to 80,000 today and no $ to pay them. AND yes it's been run by Democrats for years.
[signature]
Not a surprise, most states run by the Dems have those some ideas and that is why those states are in the toilet, IMO. They think they can tax their way out of trouble but are finding out all that all that does is cause people and companies to leave those states in droves.[crazy] Glad you got out when you did.
[signature]