Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview this morning.
First one on the water this morning, brisk 25 degrees before first light.
Went towards the dam looking for the crappie marks on the bottom. Didn't see any great bottom marks, however there was huge schools suspended about 10-20' when over 38-40'. None seemed to like what I was offering. Finally hooked up with one dink , and had a few bites. I pulled off the lake a bit earlier than I should have, but I was cold and the catching wasn't great, so I felt justified...

Water temp was 55. Another week of cool weather and I think they'll be on fire.
I did discover the livewell on my boat has developed a leak, nice to know the automatic bilge pump works!
[signature]
Thanks for the report! Are you an avid crappie fisherman? You mentioned that it should be on fire in a week. How long does that last? A week? Two weeks? I have never tried for crappie besides when ice fishing, but would like to give it a try sometime. I was looking at maybe the last weekend in October. So you think they would still be biting or would it be over by then? [fishon]
[signature]
I fish for anything that bites, if it's good eating all the better. Last year the bite started heavy mid to end of October and lasted just about until ice on. They act the same now as through the ice, the ones on the bottom are usually the biters. I've found them from 60-20' typically in the narrows up there. I've always liked a near dead stick approach, just get it near the bottom and leave it still. Just a twitch and then stop. They usually hit it then. Very soft bites this time of year.
[signature]