Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Provo 10/21/17 with a guide
For our anniversary this year my wife got us a guided fly fishing trip to the lower Provo. It was a half day session and my wife got a good deal on groupon which is the only way we could really ever afford to do something like this as 26 years olds with a baby and a mortgage. It was my wife's first time fly fishing and my first time fishing with a guide. We both caught a lot of fish including some sweet browns, one nice rainbow, and a few huge whitefish. I made a YouTube video of the day. Our guide was Dave from simplyflyfishingutah and he was great. My wife's first time and she landed 8 and hooked into and lost at least that many. I lost track after about a dozen and Dave caught a couple while instructing my wife. At least 25 between the 3 of us. It was a cool experience fishing with a guide and I sure learned a lot about a river that has had me skunked since I started fly fishing. Before this trip I had caught maybe 5 fish on the middle Provo and none on the lower with at least half a dozen trips on each.

https://youtu.be/Xrj16c-lj8c
[signature]
Nice, you should have the lower figured out now.
[signature]
Haha I don't know if I would go that far but I bet I will catch fish more often on the lower.
[signature]
Nice work getting the wife out as well. Hopefully y'all can have many more successful outings on the LP.
[signature]
You sound like you're having a blast. I'd fish with you anytime.
[signature]
Haha awesome, I have a good time getting skunked so if you ever need a guy with a good attitude just let me know. I enjoy getting out no matter the circumstance
[signature]