Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casting Stink Pink Squid!
USING STINKY PINK SQUID "IKA"!
In this video i share how i set-up my shore/surf casting rig & how i prepare my baits. Also my choice in equipment used as well. When i do fish other areas i sometimes alter my techniques by lengthening or shorting the lead line and/or baited leader lines to varying the baits used to switching between monofilament & braided lines. I do stick with circle hooks like BKN to Mutsu. This comes from understanding the areas you fish in. Over time by trial & error you'll learn what works the best for you.

Yes, i love using old frozen stink squid packed in rock salt. I wait until the outer skin turns pink before i use them. In the water it puts out a tremendous "odor trail" that fresh squid can't match (in my humble opinion). The rock salt toughens the squid so it doesn't break apart. I also double the thickness & tie the squid to the hook's eys using dental thread before casting. This way i don't have to check on my baits often & i can put muscle into my casts to get my baits out farther without the squid ripping-off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRKtXbIECLE
[signature]
Thanks for sharing your video with us Chris. How did you come up with the idea of using dental floss to tie the bait on the hook? How big are those fish you caught with the Pink Squid?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Thanks for sharing your video with us Chris. How did you come up with the idea of using dental floss to tie the bait on the hook? How big are those fish you caught with the Pink Squid?[/quote]

I've caught GT's, Sharks, Rays, Bonefish, Ladyfish, Barracuda, & Eels. Biggest was a 58lb GT on this style of rig (running with no rub line to).
[signature]