Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grande time
Was in New Mexico last week. Hit the Rio Grande Gorge one day - caught about 15 rainbows, Browns and even a sucker in a couple hours. But no Rio Grande Cutthroat trout I was after. Couple days later drove up to the Rio Costilla. After an hour I had about 10 rainbows and was about to move upstream and hit a very small tributary Comanche Creek. Fortunately I did catch what I was after and then 2 of the 3 next trout were Rio Grande Cutts as well. Picture doesn’t do justice to the coloration of the fish but by far the prettiest Cutthroat I’ve ever caught. Only a well colored Golden Trout is a prettier trout in my opinion. Next trip out to NM I’ll have to hit the SW Quarter and try for Gilda trout.
[signature]
Good to read your report again, nice trout.
[signature]
Awesome! Nice pics
[signature]
you and remo representing with the pretty cutts! Hope the whole trip was good for you.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! Looks beautiful.
[signature]
Paul,

Soon we will be fishing tailing Reds and big Snook in Fl. [Wink]

Remo
[signature]
Right now I don’t have a trip south planned for the winter but didn’t last year and managed to hit the Everglades and Keys in February and Arizona for trout at the end of March. When are you planning to move to Florida? I really miss the trout fishing out west. Here in Massachusetts I typical pick up 2 fish per hour on streams. They can average mid teens but I got spoiled routinely catching a dozen trout an hour at many places within 300 miles of SLC. I also miss real mountains. I’ll only last 1-3 more years here and I have been considering moving to AZ or NM (slight chance TX because of jobs and I will probably work half time) instead of Florida. NM has it’s problems as a state (crime, drugs, drunk driving and poverty)but I’m leaning toward it.
[signature]
I’ll be in Florida within the year, Tampa area most likely.
[signature]
Sweet report and pics!!!
[signature]
Good to hear from you. Been wondering how that NE living was working for you. I'd miss the rockies, even if I could live in Florida or the Carribean. Just returned from another week in Campeche, so staying sane. Hopefully you made it to POW as well.
[signature]
Still have an Oceanfront lot a couple miles south of Coffman Cove and now that they brought in electricity I think I’ll finally put in a small Cabin. My son is 19 now but he still enjoys going up every Summer. We’ve been fishing without a guide for Halibut for the last 8 years. He managed an 80 and 55 lb Halibut this summer. My nephew managed a 55 lb one.
I’m planning to Fish Wyoming and maybe Utah next July as I do miss it.
If you ever want to go steelhead fishing back on POW Island let me know.
[signature]
Nice Halibut! When I get moved down there I may hit you up for some steelheading.
[signature]