Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to Panguitch Lake?
Was curious if anyone has been to Panguitch lake recently and if it was fishing well? Any info is welcome.
[signature]
I drove by last weekend and it was low. Beyond that I got nothing.
[signature]
I've been fishing it these past few weeks and it's been on fire. I don't get any feedback until now so I've just been out there fishing it.
[signature]
Back during the bow hunt my dad and I would take our fly rods and fish the inlet during the lunch hours. We cot some hog bows and I caught a cutt that looks like a rainbow cause it has the pink stripe and green coloration yet had the slashed under the jaw.

They were all in the 15-18” range and we caught them on scuds and shop vacs
My Bro and I hit it last Saturday, and it had shut off. 2/3 of the lake was frozen, but we found some fishable water from the bank. Nothing was going on the flies at all. It looked so good too, but nothing. We tried all the usual fly suspects, and nothing. It was a good thing my brother brought his spinning rod because he managed 4 nice tigers all around or over 20" on a white tube jig. I did end up catching 3 small bows on the fly rod. We just couldn't fish where we normally like to go because of the ice. Beautiful day though for December!
[signature]