Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcum Lx7 vs. Marcum Lx7li
I'm looking at both these models. The Lx7li is brand new and has a lithium battery system. Does anyone have any opinions on these models and if the new one would be worth the difference in cost?

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
I'm sure it's nicer to have a lithium battery, but the one that the LX7 came with (for me) has been more than enough to fish all day.

I don't know that the cost of the Lx7LI is worth it. The charging capabilities for other devices may be nice if you needed them, but I already have ways to charge other devices.

just my opinion.

I have 2 Marcums. The LX 5 and the LX7, and my favorite is still the LX5......
[signature]
just bought the lithium shuttle for my lx7. always had issues with batteries dying on long days on the ice. if you can swing the extra for the LI i would recommend it. if youre fishing longer the 6-8 hours straight you'll want the extra battery power. there is days when i spend 10-14 hours on the ice and multiple days in a row and sometimes with out being able to recharge batteries. i would have to take spare batteries. hoping with the new battery that will change. its a great upgrade to the lx7, this should of been the original design.
[signature]
I've had my LX-7 for three years now, and not one time has the battery been an issue. All day outings 6-8 hours have been no problem. Still have the original battery. I wouldn't pay the extra, but obviously, to each their own.
[signature]
I figured I could buy a lot of batteries for $200 so I didn't think it was worth it to me... But I also have extra batteries for my phone too so the usb plug wasn't a need for me either... If it would have been within $60 I would have went for it but it's just too much extra for what ya get.. Just my take on the deal... Later J
[signature]