Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview slow but caught one long one
Fished Pineview yesterday with Kory and Trent. For the most part the weather was great but cold. Catching started off fairly good for crappie (the targeted species) but we should have headed home around noon, because the bite turned totally off. While waiting for a crappie to bite we were able to catch one bluegill after another by casting closer to the shoreline. It was frustrating to see so many fish on the finder and get so few bites.

I hooked a long one (over 5 feet long). I could tell it would not come back to life and I kept it. I'll post pictures of it later.
[signature]
[#0000FF]You big tease.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Here is a picture of the beast. Although it was skinny it put up a good fight.[Wink]

[inline "The beast.jpg"]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice one...but it doesn't look like a record.

Let me know if you need any help cleaning and restoring it. Did it look like it might still be serviceable?

I've landed a few of those myself.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]

Nice one...but it doesn't look like a record.

[/#0000ff][/quote]

I have caught longer, but this was the longest one I have caught thus far of this species.

It is not an expensive rig, but it appears that it was planted this season. You may be able to breath new life into it. I appreciate the kind offer, and I will drop the patient off to you one of these days.
[signature]
[#0000FF]It is only fitting that with all of the rods that have been damaged or lost on your boat that you recover one that may still have some good fishing left in it.

I'll be happy to apply whatever restorative powers I have to see if we can add a useable rod to your collection. As long as you don't try to lift a sturgeon into the boat with it...like you have on some of the medium light sticks I have built for you.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Haha LMAO. At least I released ours.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BREKhNxJ9I

Hope link works
[signature]
That was cool, thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Thanks at least this one was released for another fight. We however doing cleanups have found those beasts Kent brags about on cleanups. At least video shows a successful release. Be prepared and don’t leave equipment unattended is all’s I’ll recommend. Hopefully Kent had a tasty meal on that catch. Nice job Kent how’d you clean it?
[signature]
[quote k2muskie]

Nice job Kent how’d you clean it?

[/quote]

So far it has been air dried.
[signature]
I’m on iPhone so forgive mistakes if you can. Haha on air dried figured you smoke it and possibly also cann it in your special BS (brine seasons) I’ve heard so much about. [Smile]
[signature]
Oh boy thats one crappie looking fish!! But on a serious note,were some of those crappie's the same size as last year? Or even a little bigger? It took a long cycle to get them back like they were last year.
[signature]
You're getting pretty good at catching those. [Wink]
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
If I read correctly, some of you are pretty good at stocking them so Kent can practice "release and catch" too!
[signature]
Yep, you have witnessed my catching skills of that species first hand.
[signature]
Yep I have helped Kent keep his catching skills honed on this particular species.

I thank him again for being so skilled.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
[#0000FF]Catching and keeping one of that species raises some questions. Is it classified as recycling? And would releasing it back into the water be considered conservation or polluting?

It boggles the mind. But some of us are more easily boggled than others.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote bigfish6]

But on a serious note,were some of those crappie's the same size as last year? Or even a little bigger? It took a long cycle to get them back like they were last year.

[/quote]

On average, the crappie are larger this year than they were last year.
[signature]
Nice catch on that long one Kent[Wink]. How many crappie did you guys end up catching?
[signature]
I would guestimate 20. Bluegills were more plentiful.
[signature]