Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge Burbot
Fished the gorge this weekend up by firehole. 5 bubot Friday night, 36 Burbot 3 pup lake trout Saturday night, 50 Burbot 1 pup lake trout Sunday night. We were in about 31-35 feet of water. When we moved shallower.. Nothing, but another boat was in 25-28 feet of water and catching. Try to locate the fish and stay with them when you do! Good luck everyone! [fishon]
[signature]
Do you eat the burbots? Wondering if what they say about them tasting like lobster is true. Great report btw.
[signature]
They are excellent table fare. It doesn't matter how you cook them. Deep fry, bbq'd, hot skillet, etc. My favorite way is to steam them over water with some crushed garlic cloves in it and dip the nuggets in butter. Poor man's lobster.
[signature]
Just made my mouth water! Now I gotta go catch some!
[signature]
What were you using for bait to catch the burbot?
[signature]
Glow plastics with glow jig heads tipped with some sucker/chub meat. You can buy some at sportsmans. [fishon]
[signature]
I saw some whole chubs at Scheels. They looked alot better then the sucker meat. I have not found chubs at Sportsmans. Which Sportsmans had chubs?
[signature]
Couldn't remember what I exactly bought but it was from sportsmans. Must have been sucker meat. [fishon]
[signature]