Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forsyth on a beautiful day
A buddy and I fished Forsyth Reservoir today from 9:30 until 2:00 in our tubes. We used medium sinking lines with size 6 & 8 bead head leeches, buggers, & soft hackles in various color combinations as long as there was some green in them. The water temperature was 40-41 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 3'. The reservoir level has come up a couple more feet since we were here on Halloween.

We picked up a few splake and a good number of tiger trout ranging in size from 11" to 17" long.
The fish were pretty active even with the colder water temperatures.

The were a handful of shore anglers and they were also catching some fish. One of the anglers left me a note (written on the back of his mussel certification form) that said they were able to get enough fish for dinner while also turning some loose. I know the guys and they always seem to be able to catch fish.

It was a great day to be on the water and not have to hang on to your hat.[Wink]
[signature]
Wow that's some pretty fish and a nice mix... I'm not familiar with Forsyth, does it freeze in the winter? If so might be a great mix for ice fishing... Thanks for the report... Later J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice work. And purty fish...even if they don't got whiskers.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]I'm not familiar with Forsyth, does it freeze in the winter? If so might be a great mix for ice fishing... Thanks for the report... Later J[/quote]

The reservoir does freeze over in the winter. The elevation is just under 8,000'. Mill Meadow Reservoir is only a few miles away and it holds some rainbows, browns, tigers, splake, and perch so it offers another option when you're in the area.

There are also cutthroats in Forsyth besides the splake, and tigers.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]Nice work. And purty fish...even if they don't got whiskers.
[/#0000ff][/quote]

Thanks, Pat.

They don't have any of them pokey things either.[Wink]
[signature]
Had to do my Google search to find out where it was located. Didn't realize it was Fish Lake country. Got some great fishing down there. Someday if I get adventurous I may have to sneak down that way. Afraid it won't be in the near term though. Thanks for showing us new spots that was cool. Later J
[signature]
This thread and your pics is like a kick in the pants....I have been itching to get back over there all fall and haven't! I am excited to try it through the ice, but would much rather hit it again with my fly rod. Fishing at Forsyth this year has been really good!
[signature]
lol yeah thats the problem i got going to them lakes i got to drive past fish lake and my truck will not let me! it turns on the fish lake turn every time! lol [crazy] darn the luck..
[signature]
I expect my truck will do the same thing if I get down that way as well. I think if I was closer I might hit the others but from my location if I came down that far it would be for fish lake. Wish we had a pond with that many varieties up this way. That would be fun. Later J
[signature]