Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trophy pike Canadian fly-fishing trip
To pike fly-fishermen,

I've been invited to do a "Fly-fishing Week" with Reindeer Lake Lodge on, aptly, Reindeer Lake, Saskatchewan. It's the same lodge, under different management, that I fished three times back in the late 90's, and where I caught my first two IGFA record pike, just two days apart.

I loved Reindeer, but like many, the grass always seemed maybe a bit greener somewhere else. Most of those other places, however, were disappointments. I rarely had a week trip at Reindeer where I didn't catch 300 fish on flies, with probably 1/3 of them exceeding 12#, and always some in the 20's. I had one fish that probably weighed 40# follow my fly to the boat. They catch 50+ inch pike at this lodge every year.

So, I'm excited to be going back. The dates are July 16 - 24 - eight days of fishing. I will be hosting the week for any interested fly-fishermen - beginners and experts welcome - and supplying everyone who comes with a signed copy of my book, Toothy Critters Love Flies, 6 of my deadly pike flies, and a spool of knot-able leader wire - a $100 value. For those interested in variety, they also have Arctic grayling, walleye, and great lake trout fishing.

The lodge provides a charter plane from Saskatoon right to the lodge, where they have their own landing strip. You can view their web site at: https://reindeerlakelodge.ca. If you click on "fly-fishing" you'll see a bunch of photos of me there. You'll overnight in Saskatoon on July 15, and they provide the early AM transfer to the airport on the 16th, and you should be able to catch flights home on the afternoon of the 24th.

Feel free to contact me - pikeflyguy@aol.com - with questions or to sign up. Space is limited.

Tight lines and big fish 😉

George A Bernstein
[signature]