Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry
Hit strawberry Tuesday and had a good day . Three of us got 53. Two 4 to5 #.
Fished at depths of 15 25 feet White tube jigs tipped with chub was the ticket . We let the jigs drop to the bottom , let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes then slow retrieve . Great day . Oh...my grandson out fished me If anyone is going to do it , I vote for him .
[signature]
[fishin]That is the best report I've heard from Strawberry for the fall. What was the water temperature? Did you launch at Strawberry Marina or Renegade? Great job!
[signature]
Water temp. 42 degrees launched at marina fished just short of renegade . A week earlier we fished the meadows and 3 of us got 46. Two were over 5#. Again white tube , S and minnows . One was a rainbow at 21 in. And a cut at 23 in. The cut bait makes all the difference . We tried worms and sent but it was the cut bait .
[signature]
[fishin]Wow! You are doing excellent. The water temperature makes a huge difference. Thank you for your report and reply. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.
[signature]
Good job.... Think I saw you guys over there in your boat. If it was you we stopped by in our boat just a little north of you (towards Haws). We didn't stay long... were kind of exploring a bit at some of my preferred spots. We caught a few there and a few in each of the other spots.

I had a buddy that had never jig fished and spent some time showing him the ropes and ended up drifting a bit as well.
[signature]
Yup that was us. We had great success with a double white jig set up . Small white tube up top 2 1/2 white lower . .tipped of course.
[signature]