Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry, yesterday
I saw this might be the last warm weekend and decided to give strawberry a try. Many, many people had the same idea, unsurprisingly. I hiked my float tube into the south end of the lake and planned to have a great afternoon. Not sure why, but I did not. I struggled to get a bite and finally caught one nice cutthroat on a size 12 prince nymph trailing a dungeon streamer. Maybe the fish have moved out since last time I was there? If you were at strawberry yesterday and did well, then you must know something I don't.

I stopped by Haws Point on the way out around dusk and there were quite a few trout rising, but most looked quite small.

A beautiful, relatively calm day on the water. Even with my winter waders though, my feet were cold by the end. Maybe if I'd have caught more fish, they would stay warmer?

Addendum: I also went to the lower provo a few days ago for a couple of hours before dark. A couple average sized browns taken right on the bottom, but not much to report there either. A few scattered rises on small BWO's, but didn't get any to come for that pattern.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. too bad the catching wasn't better.
[signature]
If I was allowed only one bug type for the Provo it would be the BWO. No matter the section, time of year, weather or flow, it seems I can get something to move on some BWO pattern.
I start small, #24's and get larger from there in nymphs, emergers and dries, but when the air is getting smelly, I go to BWO's.
[signature]
[quote _6x_]
Addendum: I also went to the lower provo a few days ago for a couple of hours before dark. A couple average sized browns taken right on the bottom, but not much to report there either. A few scattered rises on small BWO's, but didn't get any to come for that pattern.[/quote]

Fished it twice about 6-10 days ago on short trips. Had good action with yellow and white egg patterns and also caught a few on sowbugs. Good mix of bows, browns and an occasional whitefish.
[signature]
I think it was the same for many. My buddy and I hit the lake early with one fallow and nothing else. Decided it was time to hit a nearby river and leave the lake. Had better luck, but still a bit slow.
[signature]
Sweet pic! (and fish)
[signature]
Thank you.
[signature]
Dude, that's a sick pic!
Should be on a calendar! Awesome!
[signature]
Wow beautiful pic! My friend and I mess with his dslr and get some okay pics but nothing quite that spectacular! Which is a shame because the fish are absolutely gorgeous!